[kepler-dev] jlirc-unix-soc.jar - Another nuked GPL jar

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 16:05:56 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I found another GPL jar in a Kepler/CORE module. After confirming the
compilation still worked without this jar, I went ahead and deleted it
from the ssh module.

Please note that no GPL dependencies are allowed with the Kepler/CORE
modules (i.e. those modules referenced by the kepler suite), as we
release under a BSD license. If you must use a GPL dependency, you
will need to make a separate module outside of Kepler/CORE that you
then will need to license as a GPL module. I believe Daniel Crawl
asked about this yesterday. The answer is that this stuff can go in a
modules outside of Kepler/CORE.

Please be careful to check the license terms of any dependencies that
you use in a Kepler/CORE module and ensure that it is compatible with
BSD. If you have any questions about whether a license is compatible,
please feel free to forward the license to me.

Thanks!

-David