[kepler-dev] From <kar> to <kar:kar>

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 14 16:00:58 PDT 2010

hi, devs:

I just got a task today - enable the kar xml validation during the remote
component search.

I palyed around and found that we should put namespace definition on kar
xml instance in order to enable the validation.

Currently, the kar xml generated by kepler looks like:
<kar>
  <karFileName> </karFileName>
  <karFileSize> </karFileSize>
  <mainAttributes> </mainAttributes>
  <karEntry> </karEntry>
</kar>

I propose to change to:

<kar:kar xmlns:kar="http://www.kepler-project.org/kar">
  <karFileName> </karFileName>
  <karFileSize> </karFileSize>
  <mainAttributes> </mainAttributes>
  <karEntry> </karEntry>
</kar:kar>

After making above change and twist some other java code, the component
search with kar xml validation works.

I am not sure if the change from <kar> to <kar:kar> will cause any other
break in kepler. Just want to double check and let everyone know my
change. If you do see any issue, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jing

Jing Tao
National Center for Ecological