[kepler-dev] Bad version number

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Apr 9 10:58:25 PDT 2010

Hi, devs:

Under build-area folder which was checked out from trunk, I ran the
command "ant update". However, it gave me the error:

/home/tao/project/kepler/build-area/build.xml:4: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/tao/project/kepler/build-area/settings/taskdefs.xml:5: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

I guess the reason is the kepler-tasks.jar was compiled under java 1.6
then committed to the svn repository. However, my local java version is
1.5. Just wondering if we decided that we will discard java 1.5 for
kepler?

Thanks,

Jing

Jing Tao