[kepler-dev] SampleDelay Actor Query

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Mon Apr 5 00:39:40 PDT 2010

Hi Subhav,

     I'm not familiar with Sample Delay Actor. Maybe some one else can help.

     About your workflow pausing until some condition is met. It seems
to me that you can use 'Boolean Switch' to do it. Let the false branch
be connected to its input, so that the 'Boolean Switch' actor will wait
for another condition if the current condition is false. The true branch
will be connected to the sub-workflow you want to execute.

     I attached a sample workflow using  'Boolean Switch' and
'Interactive Shell' actor. Yet one weird phenomena of its execution is
that the output is according to the previous input in 'Interactive
Shell', not the current one. I'll keep digging it.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.