[kepler-dev] [kepler-users] SRB account needed ?

subhav mital mital.subhav at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 14:04:54 PDT 2009

Thanks Jianwu. So how do I go about using the Data Grid File Transfer actor?
Do I need an SDSC account? Are there any sample workflows which I can see to
understand and learn? (The Globus actors don't work and the SRB actors
require me to have an account)

My primary interest would be regarding the scenario mentioned in the User
Manual in a Windows environment. These files may be excel files, for eg,
which are being transferred to the server, some modifications being made
there, and copied back to the client.

Just for reference, I am pasting the scenario again mentioned in the
manual: "A very common scenario is the following: a user needs to copy (or
stage) a set of files from one resource (e.g., the local environment) to a
remote resource, run a computational experiment on that remote
resource, and then fetch the results back to the local environment or copy
them to another
resource/database."

...Including Kepler-Dev in the loop too..

Thanks.