[kepler-dev] SSH Help

subhav mital mital.subhav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 19:56:35 PDT 2009

Hi Norbert,
Some more updates.

1) Updating the Jar file helped and worked fine!! Though I was prompted for
a password despite having pwdless login enabled on that server, but this was
expected as your mentioning.

2) Another peculiar observation. If I feed data in the SSH file copier actor
via the String Constant Actor, I get an error saying the source and target
machine must be different. However, If I do the same thing via a parameter
(Sim Parameter) and enter the exact same details there, I do not get any
error.

*Just for Info:*

3) If I use the external execution actor and try to do an SSH
username at hostname.edu, it works fine even with the old jar. Also it is able
to copy a file from one directory on the remote server to the other. ( I
have openSSH and Cwgwin installed)

Thanks Norbert, David, Michal and Kepler Dev for your help!

- Subhav