[kepler-dev] startup time

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 9 11:50:49 PDT 2009

Hey,

Starting up after a clean-all with the wrp suite seems to be taking
much longer now. It gets stuck at "CacheSearch:rebuild:161) Rebuilding
the search index" and then "LibraryManager:generateActorLibrary:1087)
Generating Actor Library". It's taking me about 4m 25s to launch.

I just launched with the kepler suite after a clean-all and it took 2m
21s. Anyone know why the difference?

(Also, maybe unrelated, but sometimes I'm getting errors when trying
to drag out an actor out from the tree, e.g. String Constant...now
sure when this is and is not happening...)

Derik