[kepler-dev] Tagging/Reporting problem/question

madhu madhu at sdsc.edu
Mon Oct 5 13:50:59 PDT 2009

Hi there,

  I did 'svn update' and 'ant update'. I have reporting/provenance/tagging modules defined in my modules.txt file.

I am encountering two problems

1) When I click on the canvas I get the following exception

The canvas has been clicked. Change tagging context to workflow.
      [run] Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
      [run] 	at org.kepler.tagging.TaggingContextManager.setTaggingContext(TaggingContextManager.java:21)
      [run] 	at ptolemy.vergil.basic.BasicGraphController$2.mousePressed(BasicGraphController.java:504)
      [run] 	at diva.canvas.event.EventLayer.processLayerEvent(EventLayer.java:201)
      [run] 	at diva.canvas.event.EventLayer.dispatchEvent(EventLayer.java:110)
      [run] 	at diva.canvas.CanvasPane.processLayerEvent(CanvasPane.java:280)
      [run] 	at diva.canvas.CanvasPane.dispatchEvent(CanvasPane.java:89)

2) When I search for a component; it is incredibly slow.

3) This is a question regarding reporting module. I have created a simple workflow with provenance recorder and provenance button on. It runs fine, but where are the reporting results saved?

I can see the reporting listener in the moml file.

<property name="Reporting Listener" class="org.kepler.module.reporting.ReportingListener">
    </property>

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

--Madhu