[kepler-dev] ConfigurationManager Documentation

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 17 14:22:10 PST 2009

Hi,

I've put a first draft together of documentation for using the
ConfigurationManager in Kepler.  You can find it here:

https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/framework/configuration-system-documentation

The ConfigurationManager should now be used for all non-ptolemy
configuration properties in Kepler.  I'm working to figure out the best
way to merge the ptolemy configuration.xml file into the new
configuration system, but until I get that working, continue to use the
old ptolemy system for ptolemy properties.  Any new properties that
aren't required by the MoMLParser should be added via the
configurationManager.

The main configuration file can be found at
common/resources/configurations/configuration.xml.  Note that I've
pulled all of the Ecogrid specific configuration properties into the
ecogrid module itself.  Each module can have its own configuration and
if you have configuration options specific to a module,  you should
contain them in that module instead of adding them to common as we have
done in the past.  The old configXML system is now gone from Kepler.  I
will also be working to remove the .properties configuration files where
that makes sense.

If you need examples of how this works, check the unit tests in
configuration-manager/tests or look in the various kepler source files
where it is currently being used.

Let me know if you see any problems or have any questions/suggestions.

chad