[kepler-dev] data turbine actor query

Stephen Cameron stephen.cameron at utas.edu.au
Thu May 21 17:14:39 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am intending to make use of Data Turbine for presenting real-time data
streams to visitors to an oceans data portal that we are developing for
the IMOS project (http://www.imos.org.au).

I am interested to find out more about the Kepler "Data Turbine Actor"
that is currently under development. I require a means of loading data
into Data Turbine from a variety of different data files (CSV, netCDF)
and would like a configurable generic solution if possible, using the
Kepler framework may be a possible solution. The reported Data Turbine
Actor seems to be a means of getting data from Data Turbine but maybe
some work has been done on the other side as well.

I am interested in Kepler from the point of view of setting up scheduled
workflows as well, basically to look for a file in a certain local or
remote location, see if it is a new file or has changed and process any
new data. Is this a sensible use for Kepler?

Thanks for your assistance.

--
Regards

Stephen Cameron

Data Programmer
Integrated Marine Observing System  (IMOS)
eMarine Information Infrastructure Project
University of Tasmania, Private Bag 21, Hobart, TAS 7001, Australia

Tel: +61 3 6226 8507
Fax: +61 3 6226 2997
Email: stephen.cameron at utas.edu.au