[kepler-dev] [kepler-users] UI prototype for web-based workflow authoring

Paul Allen pea1 at cornell.edu
Wed May 20 07:26:58 PDT 2009

Hi Kepler geeks:

We have found a great JavaScript wiring/graphing/modeling package
(http://www.mxgraph.com/) that we are thinking about using in the
implementation of the new workflow authoring UI we demo below. The one
hitch with it is that if (when?) we open source our Science Pipe
authoring and web tools, mxGraph would be a dependency that we could not
include in our distribution. You can get free non-commercial licenses
for mxGraph and I think that most groups using/developing Kepler tools
would be eligible for that free non-commercial license, but they would
have to acquire it separately themselves.

I'd like to get feedback on how big of roadblock this is?

Thanks,
-Paul