[kepler-dev] Help with Pop Up Box in Kepler

subhav mital mital.subhav at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 17:26:36 PDT 2009

Hello,

The working code for a pop-up box which accepts user values is given below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
package org.swing;

import javax.swing.*;

public class PopUp
   {
   static String show(String message, Object initValue) {
      String reply = null;

      if(initValue==null) reply=JOptionPane.showInputDialog(message);
      else reply=JOptionPane.showInputDialog(message, initValue);
      return reply;
   }

      String s="";

      s = show("Enter the Value", null);
      System.out.println("Value Entered = " + s);

   }

}

1) Following my question about creating a pop-up box in Kepler which accepts
user input, how should I go about implementing this functionality in Kepler
? ( The above code works on Eclipse)
2) I need to create an actor with an output port that takes this input value
from the user and makes it available there. (So as to use this value in
conjunction with other actors such as the Display actor)

Please suggest..

Thank you.