[kepler-dev] Trying own script to start Kepler GUI, Variable Config.xml is null

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 18 18:35:17 PDT 2009

Hi Madhu,
I saw that error earlier today, so I edited Config.java and added
better error messages.  However, then I could not replicate the error.
I think the problem is that config.xml cannot be found in the
classpath.

Try updating kepler/core/src/org/ecoinformatics/util/Config.java
and re-running.

_Christopher

madhu wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>   I am trying to create script that could run kepler GUI. I am getting
> following error
> with Config.xml being null. Technically it should be
> /Users/madhu/NewKepler/common/lib/config.xml.
> However when I start with ant run from build area
> Config.xml:/Users/madhu/NewKepler/common/lib/config.xml
> is set right. I am certainly missing something in my script, if anyone
> can point out what it is that would be great.
>
> Thanks
> --Madhu
>
> Config.xml: null
> Unable to start application.
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>         at org.kepler.gui.KeplerApplication.main(KeplerApplication.java:118)
>         at org.kepler.loader.Kepler.main(Kepler.java:105)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unspecified error creating config
> object from "null"
>         at org.ecoinformatics.util.Config.<init>(Config.java:151)
>         at org.ecoinformatics.util.Config.<clinit>(Config.java:88)
>         ... 2 more
>         at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:103)
>         at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)
>         at org.ecoinformatics.util.Config.<init>(Config.java:136)
>         ... 3 more

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480