[kepler-dev] Configure Eclipse with Kepler

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 16 17:48:35 PDT 2009

Hi Subhav,
In your EclipseError.jpg, you have 6 Errors listed
"The project cannot be built until its"

I'm guessing that the complete text is
"The project cannot be built until its prerequisite XXX is built"

BTW - When I get error messages like this, I google them, which usually
helps quite a bit.  I found some threads that mention that your
Eclipse project might be corrupt.

Make sure that you ran
cd build-area
ant eclipse

and that you imported the projects.  The "ant eclipse" command creates
files that are used by Eclipse

Also, try doing a clean build.  In Eclipse, try Project -> Clean
Also, make sure that Project -> Build automatically is set.

Your second problem, that "ant run" does not show any actors indicates
a problem during compilation.  Try doing
   ant clean-all
   ant run
and look for errors in the output of "ant run"

_Christopher

subhav mital wrote:
> Hey,
>
> - I get this after completing all the steps enlisted
> here: https://dev.kepler-project.org/developers/reference/kepler-and-eclipse#2-check-out-kepler
> (Please find attached the error displayed: EclipseError.jpg)
>
> - The Checked out Version of Kepler: 1.x (Launched by executing 'ant
> run' in the directory: kepler/build-area/) does not display any actors
> in the component tab search box.
> When I search for 'constant, array' actors in the search box, nothing
> gets displayed.
> (Please find attached the error displayed: error.jpg) (This shows some
> search results only in the data tab)
>
> Please suggest resolves for both these errors.
>
> Thank you.

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480