[kepler-dev] Cannot Run Kepler commandline ant run-workflow -Dworkflow=<workflow>

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 16 17:38:22 PDT 2009

Hi Madhu,
Interesting.  I'm running under Mac OS X using the Kepler Subversion
development tree.  What platform and which version of Kepler are you
using?  (Forgive me for asking, I just want to be sure, invoking
workflows is different in Kepler-1.0.0 vs. the Kepler development
tree.  See the Kepler User's FAQ for Kepler-1.0.0 instructions
https://kepler-project.org/users/faq#section-UserFAQ-CanIExecuteAKeplerWorkfl)

When I runL
ant run-workflow
-Dworkflow=/Users/cxh/ptII/ptolemy/domains/sdf/demo/Butterfly/Butterfly.xml

I see the Butterfly plot come up and then close, which seems reasonable.

However, when I run

ant run-workflow
-Dworkflow=/Users/cxh/src/kepler/common/target/demos/getting-started/01-SimpleAddition.xml
or
ant run-workflow
-Dworkflow=/Users/cxh/src/kepler/common/target/demos/getting-started/02-LotkaVolterraPredatorPrey.xml

then I don't get a plot, but I can see that the model runs because I get
output like:
       [run] 3176 ms. Memory: 13720K Free: 2804K (20%)
This seems wrong, I should see the plot, even briefly.

There was recent traffic about invoking from the command line in
either kepler-dev or kepler-users, check there as well.

Perhaps someone else can try running a graphical workflow standalone?

_Christopher

madhu wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to run kepler command line with GUI option
>
> ant run-workflow -Dworkflow=<workflow>
>
> workflow is the absolute path. Even though the build is successful, but
> I do no see anything.
>
> Thanks
> --Madhu

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480