[kepler-dev] Configure Eclipse with Kepler

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 16 14:10:06 PDT 2009

Hi Subhav,
You can ignore that paragraph.  I copied it from the build
instructions and I don't think it applies to Subclipse.
I copied these instructions from
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/build-system-instructions
and need to check them out with Subversive, the other Eclipse
Subversion plugin.

I've removed this text from the Kepler-Eclipse specific page, though
it remains in the Build System Instructions page because I don't
have Subversive installed and thus cannot test it.

I added a section to the Eclipse plugin that covers how to update
the Kepler sources.  One confusing thing is that the instructions to
which you refer were in the wrong place, they should have been later
in the instructions.

Your suggestion about creating some sort of multimedia tutorial is
a good one.  I don't have the time though.  I've found that the best
person to write documentation is the person such as yourself who
is first experiencing a project.  So, if you have specific suggestions
on how the docs could be reworked, please send me text.

_Christopher

subhav mital wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have checked out Kepler using the SVN command line.
> I have installed Subclipse in Eclipse.
> Name: Subclipse 1.4.x (Eclipse 3.2+)
>
> Now, how do I proceed?
>
> If you have the Subversive <http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/> Eclipse
> plugin installed you can select the newly generated projects, right
> click on them and choose "Share Projects" and follow the instructions in
> the wizard to set up the connection to the Kepler repository
> (https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/)
> <https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/>. Repeat the process for
> the ptolemy project using the Ptolemy repository
> <https://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/svn/chess/ptII/>(svn://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/chess/ptII/
> <http://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/chess/ptII/>).
>

>       1) What does this imply? Please suggest.
>

>       Thanks.
>

>       ps: Just a suggestion:- Can someone please record a short video if
>       possible, of the configuring this? Moreover, videos of how to
>       create actors by extending existing code (a simple HelloWorld as a
>       demo) would be of great help for first time users.

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480