[kepler-dev] Environment variables Problem: Help!

subhav mital mital.subhav at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 17:53:50 PST 2009

Hello,
This may not directly relate to Kepler, however if someone has faced a
similar problem, kindly reply back.

This is some problem while configuring Vista environment variables.
Changes in the 'path' under system and user variables don't seem to reflect.

1) My 'path' variable under system variables looks like:

%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32;%SYSTEMROOT%;%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WBEM; C:\Program
Files\kepler-1.0.0\R\R-2.6.2\bin; \Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15\bin;
C:\Program Files\apache-ant-1.7.1-bin\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin

1) I am trying to run R (executable file present in the bin), which is not
running despite adding
C:\Program Files\kepler-1.0.0\R\R-2.6.2\bin to the path variable.

2) When I type java -version, I get java version "1.6.0_02" as the reply,
while there is no trace of this version anywhere in the environment
variables.
Neither does ant -version give any response..when infact it should give the
version.

3) I was confused where to add the path variable, so I've added it to both
user and system variables.

I'll be grateful if anyone has some answers or can solve this perplexing
issue

Thanks a ton!