[kepler-dev] Galileo

Aaron Schultz aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jun 16 22:48:18 PDT 2009

In anticipation of the Eclipse 3.5 Galileo release next Wednesday I went
ahead and downloaded release candidate 4
(http://www.eclipse.org/galileo/) to see if there would be any glaring
problems with our build system.  I'm happy to report that it is up and
running just fine here.  The "ant eclipse" target, importing projects,
building and running show no signs of trouble.

I am using the "Eclipse for RCP/Plug-in Developers" distribution with
the subversive plugin and the polarion svn connectors
(http://community.polarion.com/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/2.0/ganymede-site/)

I was hoping that the new release would include the subversive plugin
and connectors by default, but alas no luck there.  You still have to
install subversive and the additional svn connectors.

I'll work with the RC4 release on mac and windows for the next week and
let people know if I run into any issues.

Aaron