[kepler-dev] "getting started" questions

Kenneth Jones kennethjone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:20:44 PDT 2009

 I would like to build a custom version of Kepler.  I have used the Kepler
build system (which is really great, btw) to download the latest version
from the svn repository and I've followed your tutorial and successfully
built the "Hello World" actor.  I now have four packages in my workspace:

hello-world
kepler-1.0
kepler-1.0-jar-tag
loader-for-kepler-1.0

Everything seems to work just fine except for one thing -- the actors don't
display icons.  They just show up as boxes with black borders and white
interiors.  Any idea what I did wrong and how to go about fixing it?

One more question: I only want to display a subset of the Kepler actors (and
some others that I will create) and organize them in a taxonomy that is
different from the default Kepler taxonomy.  How do I go about creating a
custom taxonomy, filled with custom sets of actors and display it in the
Components tab of the Components and Data View of Vergil?

Thanks!

-- Ken