[kepler-dev] GARP actor issues

R.P.Mciver at cs.cardiff.ac.uk R.P.Mciver at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Sun Jul 26 13:58:42 PDT 2009

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response. Hopefully the following should be enough
information to recreate the situation:

The OS is Windows XP (SP3 if we're being picky!)

Kepler is installed at C:\Program Files\Kepler-1.0.0 (what I believe
to be the default for the installer)

Workflow created consists of simply an SDF Director set to 1 iteration
and the actor causing the issue, GARPPresampleLayers, with the
following Parameters:

* layerSetFilenameParameter: "C:\Program
Files\Kepler-1.0.0\lib\testdata\garp\IPCC.dxl"

(this is the one that seems to cause the error, functions fine when
set to this file, or to one of the similar files in the same location,
or if set to the same file renamed in that location. Seem to fail if
set to anything in another location - even if it's the same file. Also
fails if set to the same file in a subdirectory of this location)

* dataPointFileNameParameter: "C:\Program
Files\Kepler-1.0.0\lib\testdata\garp\digir_data_mephitis"

* cellSetFileNameParameter: C:\Program Files\Kepler-1.0.0\CellSet.xml

These input data files were just taken from examining the setup of the
same actor in the "$Kepler\lib\demos\ENM" directory. Also checked if
the problem was limited to the actors paramater, but the same result
occurs if trying to provide the input file using the corresponding
input port as well.

Hope this is enough information. Thanks again for the help working
this one out!

Russell