[kepler-dev] identifying parameters of interest

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jul 7 09:01:58 PDT 2009

Hi Paul,

In the wrp module, we are working on a reporting subsytem that allows
users to mark certain ports and parameters as 'Items of Interest',
withthe intention thatthese are then available in a report on the
workflow execution run.  The mechanism has turned out to be somewhat
cumbersone in my opinion, so we very well may drop it for another
approach, but the code for the current flagging mechanism is in wrp.
Debi Staggs and Ben Leinfelder should be able to provide additional
pointers and guidance if you need it.

Matt

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:32 AM, Paul Allen<pea1 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Ptolemy has a built-in system for marking the visibility of parameters,
> which defaults to FULL visibility. Or you can use an ExpertParameter to get
> a default EXPERT visibility.
>
> I heard in passing the Kepler is/has some other (the same?) mechanism to
> mark parameters as "of interest". Could somebody point me to this mechanism
> in Kepler code?
>
> The point of all this is to be able to be default hide/show parameters that
> normal users would want to fiddle with and hide the others.
>
> Thanks,
> -Paul

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo