[kepler-dev] Hypothetical Question: Are there any stakeholders who would object to requiring Java 1.6. Why?

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:23:49 PST 2009

Right now, I am trying to evaluate whether the build system and Kepler
should require users to upgrade to 1.6. I was curious whether anyone is
using Kepler on a system where upgrading to Java 1.6 would be a problem.
If so, I think it would be very helpful if you could either reply to
this email with your reasons or, better yet, include your thoughts at
the discussion on the forum available at the following link:

https://dev.kepler-project.org/developers/kepler-development-forum/build-and-release-team/496635000

Thanks! I am looking forward to hearing any thoughts or objections about
requiring the use of 1.6.

David