[kepler-dev] Hypothetical Question: Are there any stakeholders who would object to requiring Java 1.6. Why?

David Groulx groulx at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jan 29 16:54:51 PST 2009

Java 1.6 is only officially supported on OS X 10.5 on Intel 64bit
processors, so this would cut out the majority of your Mac users.
However, there is a non-apple supplied Java 1.6 at http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/soylatte/
  that extends support to PPC and OS 10.4.  I've only talked to one
person who has used soylatte on OS X for their Java 1.6 code, but they
seemed to think it worked okay.

David Groulx