[kepler-dev] The suites vanilla-1.0 and vanilla-trunk are now deprecated.

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:52:37 PST 2009

There are two basic suites which are used to run Kepler either from the
trunk version or from the 1.0 version. They are named vanilla-trunk and
vanilla-1.0 respectively. (The idea being that Kepler without add-ons
was just vanilla Kepler). These names, I believe are a bit confusing
compared to the more direct alternative of using the names kepler-trunk
and kepler-1.0 instead.

For this reason, I have added two suites called kepler-trunk and
kepler-1.0 which are meant to replace vanilla-trunk and vanilla-1.0.

So, instead of typing:

ant change-to -Dsuite=vanilla-trunk

You should type:

ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler.trunk

And instead of typing:

ant change-to -Dsuite=vanilla-1.0

You should type:

ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler-1.0

For now, either the vanilla version or the kepler version of the above
commands will work. I recommend that you prefer the kepler versions of
the command immediately. But, absent any objections, I will remove the
vanilla commands from the system in one week. The build system
documentation has already been modified to favor the kepler versions in
all of the examples.

David