[kepler-dev] Issues on creating new modules in new build system.

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Wed Jan 7 15:23:57 PST 2009

Hi David,

    I'm trying to create a new module to enable master-slave distributed
execution. I met the following issues. They are very general questions.
So I put them here so that we can argue to get the best solution.

   1) Module specific ant tasks: Where to put ant tasks specific to the
new module? It is reasonable to put it in the new module directory. So
we need to build in a function in the main build system to execute
targets from build files in other modules.

   2) Module specific Menu item: one new menu item is needed to execute
my new module. File uiMenuMapping_en_US.properties records the Menu
configuration. I found that ppod-gui module put a same file in its
module directory. Is it a generic solution for module specific menu item
that each module keep its own configuration files?

    I also put it in dev forum at
https://dev.kepler-project.org/developers/kepler-development-forum/build-and-release-team/496634998.
Please reply at the forum so that we can log it better.

--

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu

Post-Doctor
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, U.S.A.