[kepler-dev] gui for work flow output

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:39:08 PST 2009

Hi Chris,
Edward Lee developed a prototype that allowed the user to layout
a window that would include plots etc.  This work is in the
Ptolemy II tree, so it is not directly available as part of
Kepler.  If you download the Ptolemy II source
(see http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal)
and then invoke Ptolemy, the View menu has an Interface menu
choice that brings up a window that can be customized.
The code that does this work is in ptolemy/actor/gui/run.
I believe the code uses FormLayout, see
http://formlayoutmaker.sourceforge.net/

Edward contacted the original author of the package we are using and he
suggested using a package that is part of Eclipse, so we put this
project on hold.

One of the goals of the Triquetrum project is to provide a Rich Client
Platform solution to make this easier.  (This work is part of
Ptolemy, Kepler uses portions of Ptolemy.)

The Kepler reporting work that Matt describes below is much
further along than Triquetrum.

Ptolemy also supports displaying models in applets, the Ptolemy
II design document has details.  However, the model browser is
not completely supported as an applet.  We also support deploying
models as WebStart applications, though the deployment procedure
is by no means automatic.

_Christopher

--
Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)