[kepler-dev] [Fwd: FW: How to run Junit test cases with new Kepler build]

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 17:05:08 PST 2009

Chandrika,

I have added the ability to run just one JUnit test at a time. I have
updated the build instructions accordingly. For your convenience, the
relevant portion of those instructions are reproduced in this email:

============

There are three commands that you can use for testing:

(1)

ant test

With respect to this first command, by default, it runs all the JUnit
tests for all of the modules defined in modules.txt. However, it is also
possible to select only one test to run by specifying the name of a
particular test class (without the package).

ant test -Dname=<test.name>

So, for example, in the comad module there is a test called
org.kepler.actors.TestStatelessGenericActor. To run only this test, you
would type:

ant test -Dname=TestStatelessGenericActor

Note: Right now, if there were multiple tests across multiple modules
with the same name, they all would be executed by this command. Also, if
within the same module, you had classes with this same name but
different packages, they all would be executed. This command will be
made more precise upon a showing of sufficient user demand, but for now
we have opted for maximal simplicity in specifying the name of the class.