[kepler-dev] Reading files in Kepler

Michal Owsiak michalo at man.poznan.pl
Fri Feb 6 01:31:56 PST 2009

Hello all,

I have a question regarding reading files within Kepler.

I have attached simple example. There is a file which I want to read.
File content is passed to other actor later on. According to source code
of File Reader actor, it seems that Kepler will load all the data from
file before sending it to other actor. Is it so?

In that case, how can I read very large files (>>1GB) into Kepler actor?

Is it possible to use some sort of streaming actor? I'd like to pass
data between actors in streaming mode instead of tokens (but I am not
sure whether this solutions is even possible inside workflow paradigm).

Cheers

Michal

--
Michal Owsiak <michalo at man.poznan.pl>
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center