[kepler-dev] background color

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 3 07:32:03 PDT 2009

Hi Norbert,
In Ptolemy, drag in a LocalPreferences attribute from Utilities.
Then set the Background color.

It appears that Kepler does not have LocalPreferences in the list
of attributes, so I did Tools->Instantiate Attribute and then
entered ptolemy.actor.gui.PtolemyPreferences

When I hacked in the -printPDF facility, I added some code that
sets the background, see for example ptolemy.actor.gui.ConfigurationApplication.

The place where PtolemyPreferences is used to set the background is in
ptolemy.vergil.basic.BasicGraphFrame

_Christopher

Podhorszki, Norbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can I set the GUI's background back to white?
> After years of making nice screenshots for (white bg) papers and slides, I
> just cannot stand the current gray background.
>
> There is a gray background color defined in
>  gui/src/org/kepler/gui/frame/KeplerGraphTableau.java
> but that seems to control only some empty areas and the toolbox.
>
> Thanks
> Norbert
>
>   Norbert Podhorszki

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480