[kepler-dev] ant run fails with NoClassDefFoundError ... ModulesTxtReader

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 12:20:28 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I think I just checked in a fix. However, I can't test it because my
version of ptolemy is not working after I did an update because of the
following error:

  [compile] Compiling ptolemy...
  [compile] Compiling 2 source files to
/Users/davidwelker/kepler.modules/ptolemy/target/classes
  [compile]
/Users/davidwelker/kepler.modules/ptolemy/ptolemy/vergil/basic/layout/kieler/KielerLayout.java:787:
incompatible types
  [compile] found   : java.util.List<KPoint>
  [compile] required:
java.util.List<de.cau.cs.kieler.kiml.layout.klayoutdata.KPoint>
  [compile]         List<KPoint> bendpoints =
connectionTree.bendPointList();

[compile]
^
  [compile]
/Users/davidwelker/kepler.modules/ptolemy/ptolemy/vergil/basic/layout/kieler/KielerLayout.java:808:
cannot access KEdge
  [compile] file KEdge.class not found
  [compile]                 KEdge edge =
connectionTree.commonEdgeSet().iterator().next();

[compile]
^
  [compile]
/Users/davidwelker/kepler.modules/ptolemy/ptolemy/vergil/basic/layout/kieler/KielerLayout.java:838:
incompatible types
  [compile] found   : KEdge
  [compile] required: de.cau.cs.kieler.core.kgraph.KEdge
  [compile]             KEdge edge =
connectionTree.commonEdgeSet().iterator().next();

[compile]
^
  [compile] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
  [compile] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
  [compile] 3 errors

Can someone with an older version of ptolemy that compile please run
again and confirm that the build system is, once again, working
correctly? Thanks!

David