[kepler-dev] Please anyone help me how display the workflow model result in browser.

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 23 08:41:13 PDT 2009

Hi Rajan,
I'm assuming that you are running in an applet, right?
The problem is that bringing up a new window in an applet is tricky.
I believe it can be done, I've run an applet and seen a window that
says "This is an applet".  However, a long standing problem with
our current infrastructure and applets.

There are a couple of solutions:
1) Use Web Start (JNLP).  This gives the user a better experience,
they have the full application installed.  Sun is moving away from
applets towards Web Start.  Later versions of Java 1.6.0 (after u10?)
have some interesting applet/Web Start infrastructure.  I'm working
on tool that semi-automatically creates Web Start configurations.

2) Use something like ptolemy.vergil.MoMLViewerApplet or
ptolemy.actor.gui.MoMLApplet.  This would require extending
this code to use Kepler.  There might already be applet code in
Kepler, I did not look

3) Use some of the web-based work like Hydrant, see
https://kepler-project.org/developers/interest-groups/webui

Looking at your problem error message, I suspect that there is no
ptolemy.actor.gui.Configuration.

_Christopher

Rajan Saminathan wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>

>       I am trying to run the workflow model in browser.  I am executing
> a workflow model using execute method. At last display window is not
> opening. I am getting error called:
> _ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException_: Cannot find effigy for top
> level: .Onedbconnection
>
>   in .Onedbconnection.Display
>
>       at ptolemy.actor.lib.gui.Display._openWindow(_Display.java:457_)
>
>       at ptolemy.actor.lib.gui.Display.postfire(_Display.java:358_)
>
>       at ptolemy.actor.AtomicActor.iterate(_AtomicActor.java:439_)
>
>       at
> ptolemy.actor.sched.StaticSchedulingDirector.fire(_StaticSchedulingDirector.java:188_)
>
>       at ptolemy.actor.CompositeActor.fire(_CompositeActor.java:415_)
>
>       at ptolemy.actor.Manager.iterate(_Manager.java:779_)
>
>       at ptolemy.actor.Manager.execute(_Manager.java:377_)
>
>       at
> ptolemy.vergil.basic.Onedbconnection.main(_Onedbconnection.java:42_)
>

> Means new window is not opening. That is called JFrame. I am able to get
> result in eclipse console.
>

> _ _
>
> _Java Source Code_
>

>         MoMLParser parser = *new* MoMLParser();
>

>         Manager _manager_ = *new* Manager();
>

>         File xmlFile = *new* File(
>
>                 "D:/workspace/kepler/demos/Workflow/Onedbconnection.xml");
>

>         *try* {
>

>             URL base = *null*;
>

>             URL inputs = *null*;
>
>             base = xmlFile.toURI().toURL();
>
>             inputs = xmlFile.toURI().toURL();
>

>             CompositeActor topLevel = (CompositeActor) parser.parse(base,
>
>                     inputs);
>

>             Manager _manager = *new* Manager(topLevel.workspace(),
> "MoMLRunner");
>
>             topLevel.setManager(_manager);
>
>             _manager.execute();
>

>         } *catch* (Exception e) {
>
>             e.printStackTrace();
>
>         }
>

> Please anyone help me how display the workflow model result in browser.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
>                         Rajan S.

> -
> -
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
> information.
> dealing,
> review, distribution, printing, copying or use of this e-mail is
> strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender or
> MIMOS Berhad
> immediately and delete the original message. Opinions, conclusions and
> other
> information in this e-mail that do not relate to the official business
> of MIMOS Berhad
> and/or its subsidiaries shall be understood as neither given nor
> endorsed by MIMOS
> Berhad and/or its subsidiaries and neither MIMOS Berhad nor its
> subsidiaries accepts
> [...]

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480