[kepler-dev] Best way to take screenshots of workflow components

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 12 21:38:19 PDT 2009

Hi Faraaz,
Printing to pdf is usually the best way, though it requires non-free
software such as Adobe Acrobat.

If you do a screen capture, then one trick is to make sure you
don't scale the image after capture.

The Ptolemy devel tree has a -printPDF option that prints to the
first printer with the string "PDF" in its name.  It also does things
like sets the background to white.  However, this code is rather hacky,
and is not in Kepler.

See also

http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIfaq.htm#pdf

_Christopher

Faraaz Sareshwala wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want take a high resolution screenshot of a portion of a workflow. Is
> there a way to do this in Kepler? Using the operating systems built in
> screenshot methods are only so good. What is the best way to accomplish
> this task?
>
> Thanks for the help :),
> Faraaz Sareshwala

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480