[kepler-dev] Problems building Kepler

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 28 12:42:03 PST 2008

Hi Bai,
I've seen this problem as well.  I just updated
http://www.kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingEclipseForKeplerDevelopment
to say:

     *  Add tools.jar to your classpath so that the com.sun.tools.javadoc
        package and Tag class are present:
           o Right click on the 'kepler' project entry in the Navigator
             pane and select 'Properties'
           o Click on 'Java Build Path'
           o Click on the 'Libraries'
           o Click on the 'Add External JAR...' button
           o Find the tools.jar file. Under Windows, this file can be
             found in c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\lib\tools.jar.
                 + Note that the exact path will vary depending on which
                   version of the Java Development Kit (JDK) you are
                   using.
                 + Note that the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) does not
                   include tools.jar, only the Java Development Kit (JDK)
                   includes tools.jar
           o Click 'OK' to close the properties Window. If you are
             prompted to build the project, then do so.

_Christopher

baicm at ioz.ac.cn wrote:
> Hi Kepler Devs,
>
>     I am new to building kepler and have a problem building the current
> trunk.
>
>     I have followed the instructions for building with eclipse and receive
> a number of problems see below for example.
>
> The import com.sun.tools.javadoc cannot be resolved.
> The import com.sun.javadoc cannot be resolved.
> Tag cannot be resolved to a type.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>   Bai

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480