[kepler-dev] bug squashing day begins

Matthew Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jan 23 09:01:25 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

The bug fixing day that I announced last week has arrived.  Please take
some time today and help improve the Kepler system so that we have a
great release.  We need help finding bugs, fixing bugs, testing whether
fixes work, and reviewing and revising documentation.  So join us.  My
instructions from last week are:

> Here's how it will work. On January 23, please log into the #kepler IRC
> channel on irc.ecoinformatics.org to coordinate with other developers.
> Then take a look at the current bugs targeted for the release and choose
> one that you want to tackle:
>
> http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/buglist.cgi?product=Kepler&target_milestone=1.0.0rc1&target_milestone=1.0.0&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&order=bugs.target_milestone,bugs.bug_severity,bugs.priority&columnlist=bug_severity,priority,assigned_to,bug_status,target_milestone,short_short_desc
>
> Open the bug, and read to the end of the comments. If nobody else has
> taken the bug yet, please assign it to yourself, adding a comment that
> you are taking the bug for Bug Day so that others can tell you are
> working on it. Fix the bug. Ask for help on IRC #kepler if you need it.
> Help others on #kepler IRC if you can. Also, if you find other bugs that
> you think should be fixed for the releases, enter them in Bugzilla and
> discuss them on IRC. We'll all celebrate when the bug count for the
> release hits 0.

Of course, please continue finding and fixing bugs even after today!

Thanks in advance for your contributions,

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo