[kepler-dev] Call to arms: Kepler Bug Day!

Matthew Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jan 16 16:24:44 PST 2008

To try and accelerate the rate at which we can get a stable release out,
we are planning to have a Kepler Bug Day next week:

   Kepler Bug Day: January 23, 2008

We invite all Kepler developers to take time out of your busy schedules
and spend the day helping us to find and close bugs that will help make
the Kepler release stable and complete.

Here's how it will work.  On January 23, please log into the #kepler IRC
channel on irc.ecoinformatics.org to coordinate with other developers.
Then take a look at the current bugs targeted for the release and choose
one that you want to tackle:

http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/buglist.cgi?product=Kepler&target_milestone=1.0.0rc1&target_milestone=1.0.0&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&order=bugs.target_milestone,bugs.bug_severity,bugs.priority&columnlist=bug_severity,priority,assigned_to,bug_status,target_milestone,short_short_desc

Open the bug, and read to the end of the comments.  If nobody else has
taken the bug yet, please assign it to yourself, adding a comment that
you are taking the bug for Bug Day so that others can tell you are
working on it. Fix the bug.  Ask for help on IRC #kepler if you need it.
    Help others on #kepler IRC if you can. Also, if you find other bugs
that you think should be fixed for the releases, enter them in Bugzilla
and discuss them on IRC. We'll all celebrate when the bug count for the
release hits 0.

Thanks in advance for your help.  We're counting on you.  It should be a
fun and exciting day for the project.

Cheers,

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo