[kepler-dev] Help configuring R

Peter Reutemann fracpete at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 12:11:11 PST 2008

> 1) I have been trying to execute the R by setting up the bin path in the
> environment variables in Windows Vista. However, while executing any sample
> work flows under R,
> I am not able to run it. I get the error message saying that R has not been
> configured. Please help me and instruct me what should be done to get this
> running.
> I am using Windows Vista and have downloaded Kepler with R.

First of all, I'm running Linux, so I'm only guessing here...

Did you setup your PATH environment variable to point to the "bin"
sub-directory of your R-installation? The R executable should be
located in that directory. On my Linux box at work, I installed R
locally in my home-directory (since I don't have root access on that
machine) and added the "/path-to-R/bin" directory to my PATH env.
variable in order to make the R examples work.

[...]

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/           Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174