[kepler-dev] New instructions for building the trunk of Kepler...

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Dec 16 20:19:41 PST 2008

Thanks, David, for making this work again relatively simply and
clarifying how to run this new build.  I've tried your instructions
and they now work for me, so I'm glad the build is working again.  It
looks like it would be relatively easy to get the trunk build reduced
back down to a simple checkout and ant run, so I'm happy we're making
progress.  We can talk more later.  Thanks again,

Matt

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 6:28 PM, David Welker <david.v.welker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt and everyone:
>
> Here is how you would use the build system to build at the trunk (assuming
> you want to check out the trunk, which will check out all modules except for
> ptolemy.)
>
> svn co https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk kepler
> cd kepler/modules/build-area
> ant change-to -Dsuite=vanilla-trunk
> ant run
>
> Here are the same commands, but with some explanation.
>
> 1.) svn co https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk kepler
>
> This checks out the trunk of kepler including all the modules. Except, this
> doesn't check out ptolemy. This is a lengthy checkout, so be patient.
>
> 2.) cd kepler/modules/build-area
>
> You need to change to this directory because this is where the build.xml
> that runs everything is located.
>
> 3.) ant change-to -Dsuite=vanilla-trunk
>
> You need to do this to download ptolemy. Note, that temporarily, this will
> download Ptolemy to the directory ptolemy-trunk. The reason is because there
> already exists a ptolemy directory that is in use for another purpose.
>
> 4.) ant run
>
> This will compile the code, build the kar files, and execute Kepler.
>
> Hope this helps. As you requested, I am sending this email to kepler-dev as
> well.
>
> Please also note that the checkout is a little larger now than it will be in
> the future as we make necessary modifications.

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo