[kepler-dev] Kepler Web UI?

Tristan King tristan.king at jcu.edu.au
Sun Oct 21 17:45:43 PDT 2007

Hi all,
i've been working on a web UI for the last few months. I was hoping to
clean it up a lot before throwing it out into the public eye, but since
this discussion has started, i figure i may as well.

The main focus on this UI is to make templating workflows easy. There is
no plans to enable creation or editing of workflows via the web (we feel
that kepler does that well enough already).

a demo can be accessed via:
http://bow.archer.edu.au/kepler/portal/ login/password is test/test.

upload workflows as you please (just a note, i only have the ptolemy and
kepler jars loaded into the system, so anything requiring external jars
wont work yet). double click on actors to view/edit properties. (you can
move the actors around too, but this is purely aesthetic and will
probably be disabled) and please play around with the templating and let
me know your thoughts.

remember this is very very proof of concept still. There is a lot of
work that still needs to be done, a lot of CSS tweaking, and a lot of
user testing.

and if you suddenly get a 503 error, send me a quick email letting me
know what you were doing before it happened :)

I'm currently working on some proof of concept execution of the
templates and smarter detection of missing actors. once i have those
sorted out i'll draw up some install instructions and maybe a
screencast.

Oh, and i need a name. so if you have any suggestions please let me
know :)

Cheers
-Tristan