[kepler-dev] ProvenanceListener issues

Tristan King tristan.king at jcu.edu.au
Mon Nov 12 18:00:21 PST 2007

Hi all,

Because i'm using kepler as a library rather than an application i have
a few problems using the Provenance classes, and i'd like peoples
feedback on whether they think my issues are valid or not.

Basically my issues are that the ProvenanceListener class is that is
depends on the config file provenanceRecordingTypes.properties and wont
even instantiate without it. I feel that this is very limiting.

I think the recording types should be configurable not only via the
config file, but also programmatically. And there needs to be a fall
back in case the config file is inaccessible.

So, my changes would be:
 * add the TextFileRecording class in as a fall back recording type if
the config file is unavailable
 * add public (or at least protected) modifiers to add (and remove?)
recording types.

Let me know what you think.
Cheers,
-Tristan