[kepler-dev] Controlled actors order in PN(?)

Efrat Frank efrat at sdsc.edu
Tue Sep 26 15:26:03 PDT 2006

Hi all,

In the attached workflow I'm using 2 variable setters to update the
value of the same parameter. I'm updating the variable twice so that if
the lower part of the workflow fails, the output variable will hold the
value of the upper part (see image). But, if both parts run successfully
they race over which is going to update first..  This workflow cannot
use SDF and when using PN, I cannot guarantee that 'Variable Setter 2'
will execute prior to 'Variable Setter 1'. Since this is a sink actor, I
can't use triggers either.

Is there a way to decide this race in PN? Could it be solved using a
different director?

Thanks a lot,
Efrat