[kepler-dev] Comments about Kepler

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 23 06:21:58 PDT 2006

Apologies if these are already open bugs, but I have a few
observations about kepler:

  - Alt-f x key binding doesn't work.
    The convention in Windows machines, at least, is that if
    a character is underlined in the menu, then
    Alt-menucharacter-itemcharacter invokes the command.

  - The "Getting Started" link on the splash page doesn't
    include links to any workflows...  I have to go to
    Help->Documentation->Information for Scientists.

  - I still don't get icons when starting Kepler in Eclipse.
    I have no idea how to fix this.
    The instructions on using Eclipse with Kepler don't
    mention the docs nor running "ant buildkarlib". I guessed that
    the docs should be checked out into the kepler project.
    This didn't work, so I tried checking them out into a
    new project... That still didn't work... I looked at
    the INSTALL file (RTFM!) and discovered "ant buildkarlib".
    This got me the icons when starting from the command line,
    but not from Eclipse.  Suggestions?

Edward

Edward A. Lee
Professor, Chair of EECS
231 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
phone: 510-642-0253 or 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2845
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal