[kepler-dev] creating a compositeActor and saving it in the library

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri May 12 13:08:55 PDT 2006

The procedure is the same as for normal actors, except that the actor
metadata is a bit different.  For an example look in
src/actors/CompositeActor.  The main difference is that the class
defined in the entity is org.kepler.moml.CompositeClassEntity instead of
ComponentEntity.  You still have to add the other kepler attributes
(i.e. entityId, class, semanticType, etc).

If you want another example, create a composite actor on the canvas by
dragging TypedCompositeActor from the tree, then put some actors in it,
the right click on the composite and select 'add to library'.  that will
save it as a kar of which you can then look at the contents.

chad