[kepler-dev] NIL token

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 29 10:58:22 PST 2006

hi, Christopher:

According to the changes you made in ptolemy about nil token, I made the
changes in kepler for missing value too.

Since currently we only have one public static variable NIL in Token class
(NIL is a generic type and there is no any other nil in sub token
classes), I think every missing value element should be replaced by the
NIL token no matter what the data type it is. But when I run the workflow
test, I got some error:

Workflow workflows/test/test-ecogrid-eml-gce-data.xml FAILED:
[java] ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: Run-time type checking
failed. Token nil with type general is
incompatible with port type: int

So it seems the NIL token is not compatible to int port type. Did I miss
something? How can I make the NIL token to compatible int port type?

Thanks,

Jing

Jing Tao
National Center for Ecological