[kepler-dev] Global access of a value among all workflow actors?

Timothy McPhillips tmcphillips at mac.com
Thu Mar 2 21:59:05 PST 2006

Hi Tristan,

The STELLA modeling system (http://www.iseesystems.com/softwares/
Education/StellaSoftware.aspx) provides "ghosts" to support a feature
similar to the one you describe.  In Stella any component in a model
may be "ghosted" such that a copy of the component appears to be in
two or more places at once.  Images of the duplicates are somewhat
faded to help distinguish the real components from their ghosts.
Connections to ghosts are equivalent to connections to the original
component.  This can dramatically simplify the appearance of complex
models.  You can see an image illustrating ghosts at http://
www.iseesystems.com/community/support/documentation/images/5-7.gif.
You also can download a trial version of Stella from the first URL.

Cheers,

Tim