[kepler-dev] remote display of Kepler & drag&drop

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 25 11:36:57 PDT 2006

Try running Ptolemy and displaying remotely.  I do this fairly often
running under Solaris and displaying under Windows using Hummingbird
X.  Works fine for me.

Another thing would be to mess with the backing store of your X
server.

Lately, I've been running Kepler remotely on a Windows box and
connecting remotely via Windows Remote Desktop.  This works quite well
even over my ultra low end DSL (150kb down).

As a wild shot, this could also be a problem with threading.  I'm
working on the splashscreen and Kepler invocation code.  If Ptolemy
works fine and Kepler does not, then I suspect KeplerApplication and
threads.

(BTW - I'll give you empathy and the frosty cold beverage of your choice)

_Christopher

--------

    No Mac, only linux PCs everywhere.
    And there are no error messages, simply it does not do anything.
    Norbert

    PS: Thank you for the empathy, I need it desperately.

    --

          Norbert Podhorszki
          pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu