[kepler-dev] Actor testing question

Timothy McPhillips tmcphillips at mac.com
Tue Apr 4 13:16:22 PDT 2006

Hi Ilkay (and other actor test writers),

There are updated instructions for writing actor tests in lib/
actor_test_instructions.txt, and a new file for listing actors that
cannot be effectively tested according to these instructions (but
nevertheless should be included in the release) in lib/
untestable_actors.txt.

Both files reflect the updates to the actor testing procedure agreed
upon during the March 22 conference call.

I don't believe the nightly build script yet handles a list of tested
actors following each test specified in test-workflows.lst.  (Is this
correct, Dan?)  However, this is not a reason to avoid contributing
tests at this time.

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into difficulties.

Cheers,

Tim