[kepler-dev] eclipse extssh and command line interop.

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 28 11:21:17 PDT 2005

Cool!
I'll update the Ptolemy eclipse docs with this.

BTW - source.eecs.berkeley.edu requires version 2 of the ssh protocol.
The old ptII repository on gigasource.eecs.berkeley.edu would work
with sshv1 or sshv2.

Also, I had a faculty member (not Edward) who had Eclipse 3.0.0
installed who could not access the CVS repositories on source.
Apparently, later versions of Eclipse 3.0.x worked.  The solution was
to upgrade to Eclipse 3.1

_Christopher

--------

    Hi all you Eclipse affecionados -- both of you.

    If you're struggling to get the eclipse workspace to be compatible with
    command line tools, you should look at this:

    http://help.eclipse.org/help31/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.us
   er/tasks/task-team-cmdlineclient.htm

    Basically, in Window->Preferences->Team->CVS->Ext Connection Method,
    select the second radio button and set the drop down to extssh.

    Configure the CVS Repository as:  :ext:user at cvs.ecoinformatics.org:/cvs

    Check out the module.

    Then on the command line you need to export CVS_RSH=ssh.  All the
    Repository intries are set to ":ext:" in the project so all the normal
    cvs commands (like -n update and diff) work just as expected.

    Kevin