[kepler-dev] Combining the CommandLine and Exec actors

bilsay at sdsc.edu bilsay at sdsc.edu
Fri Jun 24 16:36:13 PDT 2005

Hi,

After what Dan said I added a parameter 'waitForProcess' which can be
switched on/off to select whether to do a waitFor() or destroy().It should
be working but to tell the truth I am having diffuculties in testing it
because most of the commands I execute are returning their outputs
immediately and exiting.I tried with a few long running executable
files,and it worked.But if you are asking does it work when I type $ myjob
&? Yes,it does.

I hope the actor will satisfy the needs.What I did was combining and
adding a few new things.At least it does what the previous actors were
able to do and maybe more because the threads seem to work better now.Feel
free to ask anything.

Bilsay