[kepler-dev] Actor documentation

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Wed Dec 21 09:32:48 PST 2005

At 10:58 AM 12/19/2005 -0700, Laura L. Downey wrote:
>I'm a little confused here.  Why would the user want to edit the
>documentation?  Or is this "edit" feature supposed to be for creators of
the
>documentation?

Yes, or to modify the documentation for an instance of the actor,
or to add documentation for a composite actor.  Can you think of a better
phrase than "Edit Documentation"?

Edward

[LLD>]
Oh I'm not opposed to the phrase "Edit Documentation," I was just thinking
that many of the Kepler users would not ever edit the documentation, that is
sort of like an advanced feature -- maybe only creators of new actors (the
owners) would have the permission to edit the associated documentation.  I
would also expect that we wouldn't want the documentation edited on the base
set of actors that ships with Kepler.  But maybe my assumptions are wrong...
I can't see any issue though with Ptolemy putting in "Edit Documentation" as
a menu item.  Kepler can certainly hide or reveal the menu item as
appropriate, I would assume.  (un oh more assumptions ) :-)

Laura