[kepler-dev] Caching of Data in Kepler

Edward A Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 14 09:52:26 PDT 2004

At 09:44 AM 9/14/2004 -0700, Chad Berkley wrote:
>The MoML representation is loaded into memory whenever a MoML segment gets
>hit by the parser.  So, basically, the caching of the Moml is already done
>for us in the ptolemy code.  You'll notice that when you start up vergil
>(from kepler) that there is a small delay.  That's because I'm prereading
>the whole actor library so that the searches are  fast.

Wouldn't it be better to preread it the first time a search is done?
Personally I find the startup time of Vergil too slow (but then again,
I'm also giving impromptu demos, and waiting for startup is annoying...)

Edward

Edward A. Lee, Professor
518 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2739
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal